World Of Heraldry

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Are you a racist?

I love Morgan Freeman in just about every movie I’ve seen of his. He stole the show in Robin Hood. He was awesome as God in Bruce Almighty, and Evan Almighty. The Shawshank Redemption was probably one of the best movies ever. Driving Miss Daisy is a classic as well.
Recently Mr. Freeman upset me though. He said I am only disagreeing with President Obama because I am a racist. Mr. Freeman has never met me. He has not been on my facebook page and I don’t think he has ever read this blog. How then can he call me a racist?
In an interview with Piers Morgan, Mr. Freeman was asked if race relations were better now under President Obama or if they were worse. Mr. Freeman responded;
Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term," the actor said. "What’s, what does that, what underlines that? 'Screw the country. We’re going to whatever we do to get this black man, we can, we’re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.’”
I do want President Obama to be a one-term president. I hope and pray that he will be a one-term president. Nothing would make me happier in November 2012 then to hear that he has lost the election and Herman Cain is the President-Elect.
Does that make me a racist? It is because he is”Black”?
Do I disagree with many of the President’s policies? Yes. Do I think the country is heading in the wrong direction? Yes. Do I think this because President Obama is black? No. I think this because I believe in the dream of limited government, freedom of the people and a prosperous republic where I am free to pursue my dreams and aspirations free from government intrusion. I believe in the Constitution of the United States. I have sworn to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. I take that oath seriously and I will oppose any that want to fundamentally change our way of life, or country, our constitution or our freedom. If you want to change the Constitution there is a process for that. I do not agree with all of the amendments but I will fully support them, while advocating to change them.
Our Government has overstepped its bounds far to often and in far too many places. So Mr. Freeman please calm down the rhetoric. Stop playing the race card I can disagree with someone based on their thought and actions and it has nothing to do with race. Besides we are all the same race, the Human Race.

1 comment:

  1. very true, I am tired being a bigot because I disagree with someone of a different race, sexual orientation, or whatever.

    ReplyDelete