World Of Heraldry

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I hate 5/3rd Bank

First off, I don’t like banks I prefer credit unions, more options better rates less fees. If you use a bank you should check out a credit union.
The first time I saw my mother’s bank I thought that is a really stupid name for a bank. 5/3rd Bank. What is that? That name is stupid. Why not 2 and 1/3rd Bank.
Any way it is the bank my mom uses and there is one on the corner by my work , so I went there today to cash my birthday check from my mom. It was drawn from her 5/3rd Bank. Now I don’t have a 5/3rd account as I said I prefer credit unions. I hand the teller my check, she asks for my ID and then gives me $21.00. I look at it and ask her why only $21.00 and she informs me there is a $4.00 charge to cash a check for non-account holders. It is their check, their bank, their funds. WHY? I have never seen that before. When I pointed out to her that it was a 5/3rd check she said that didn’t matter. I gave her back the $21.00 and got my check back, then went to my credit union.
I will never step foot in another 5/3rd bank and will loudly tell the world, (including my mom), about how horrible and loathsome they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment