World Of Heraldry

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Murder by any other name

If I intentionally kill a man or a woman it is called Murder.
If I intentionally kill a child it is called Murder.
If I intentionally kill a pregnant woman, I could and most likely would be charged with two murders.
If I am a pregnant woman, I can have an abortion with as little notice as getting a root canal or flu shot.
If I am the father of the child I have no say in the matter. I cannot force her to have an abortion, and I cannot stop her if she wants one. If I want our child and She does not I have no say, the child can be aborted without my consent.
“The Unborn Victims of Violence Act, passed in 2004, defines a fetus as a "child in uterus" and a person as being a legal crime victim "if a fetal injury or death occurs during the commission of a federal violent crime."[8] In the U.S., 36 states have laws with more harsh penalties if the victim is murdered while pregnant. Some of these laws defining the fetus as being a person, "for the purpose of criminal prosecution of the offender" (National Conference of State Legislatures, 2008). Laci Peterson, murdered in 2002, is one of the more high-profile homicides.
Currently in the North Carolina Senate, a bill called the SB 353 Unborn Victims of Violence Act is being considered for legislation that would create a separate criminal offense for the death of a fetus when the mother is murdered. The North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence does not support this law for numerous reasons including failure to see violence against the mother as the cause of the fetal death.[9] The Coalition does, however, support the position of the National Network to End Domestic Violence regarding the Unborn Victims of Violence Act.” (Wikipedia)
Very Few actually say that abortion is okay in any and all circumstances including as a form of birth control. The majority of ”Pro-Choice” people will place some sort of moral or social restrictions on the total free and unabridged right to end a pregnancy.
I ask, Why? If it is okay because of other reason and not okay to use as a form of birth control, why not? What moral or other code do you use to define the line? I know someone who used to say abortion was wrong, except in cases of rape or incest. Her reasoning was, how could you force a woman to carry the baby of rape or incest for nine months, knowing where it came from. My response was how could you kill a child for the mental well being of its mother. If one of my daughters is causing me mental anguish can I kill her?
Ask any pregnant woman if she is having a baby and she will tell you yes. Look at an ultrasound and tell me that is not a baby. If it is not when does it become a baby? When it takes its first breath? When it smiles in the womb for the first time? When it moves its arms or kicks? When it sucks its thumb? How about when we can detect a heart beat?
I can’t speak for anyone but myself, and I do not condemn anyone for their past, present or future actions. All sin is equal. If I lie, I am a murderer. If I covet, I am a thief. If you are guilty in one part of the law you are guilty of all.
There is another sin that I am speaking of. It is the sin of acceptance. When I sin and do not repent please tell me. When I see others sin and say nothing or even worse condone it. I am guilty of the same sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment