World Of Heraldry

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You might be surprised.


On May 8th North Carolinians will get a chance to vote on a constitutional amendment. The Amendment reads: 

Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this state. 

For those who know me, or if you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, this may come as a surprise to you. I am against the amendment. I think it is a travesty of justice.

Why am I against it? I think that the government should get out of the marriage business all together. Why do we have state sanctioned marriage? Marriage was instituted by God and should remain in that realm. There should not be any legal benefits or special rules because you pay the state a fee for a piece of paper that really means nothing more than until divorce do us part.

I have been married for 24 years to a wonderful woman. She is everything to me and I can’t imagine life without her. Our marriage is a joining together by God and we will be married until Death do us part. Divorce is not acceptable for any but very specific circumstances and the tragedy of modern American marriage is appalling.


No comments:

Post a Comment